Salt Lake Tennis New Fitness Construction
Parley’s Trail Bike Path to be Constructed Adjacent to the Club
The Management Team of the Club is thrilled that construction will begin soon on another segment of the Parley’s Trail Bike Path that will run next to the club. It will have an entrance in the corner of our parking lot and it will be one more reason to work out and be with your family at the Salt Lake Swimming and Tennis Club.
Phase I of this new facility will fit perfectly into our club and give our current members and community residents the opportunity to benefit from a myriad of health and wellness activities utilizing our new equipment and facilities which will include:
- Treadmills, Ellipticals, and Stationary Bicycles–all with person TV’s
- Stationary and Functional Strength-Training Equipment
- Over 40 weekly Group Exercise Classes
- Yoga and Pilates Classes in our specially designed yoga studio and Pilates studio
- Personal Training, Small Group Training, and TRX Classes
- Turf for small group training, sprinting, functional training, and personal training
- Basketball for all ages on our multi-purpose Sports and Community Room
- Nutrition consultations from Registered Dietitians
- Classes on Lifestyle Enhancement, Wellness, Longevity, and Weight-Loss
- Complete health assessment from qualified fitness consultants
- Two new viewing areas on the first and second floors overlooking over courts #13-18. These
- areas will have floor-to-ceiling glass and will be heated and air-conditioned!
- An expanded viewing area at the current height of the ‘crow’s nest’ over the walk way that will reach to the end of court #1.
- A new handicap accessible walk-way to the club entrance.
- An expanded and re-surfaced parking lot.
In Phase II, we are building brand new and enlarged women’s and men’s locker rooms that will include:
- Spacious and attractive design, fixtures and lockers
- Luxurious sauna and steam in both women’s and men’s locker rooms
In Phase III, a new children’s center will be built as well as new office space and meeting room space.
In Phase IV, the aquatics center will be redesigned to become an indoor/outdoor facility which will make the Club a year-round swimming, diving, and water exercise facility that will also include a whirlpool. At the same time, we will build an outdoor splash park that will make summers even more fun!
It is important for our loyal tennis members to know that the club will always be the iconic tennis facility in Utah with the highest level of instruction, programs, and facilities. As painful as it is for me to reduce the number of outdoor tennis courts (the number of indoor courts will stay the same), this transition to a multi-purpose sports and health center is necessary in order to develop a profitable business. Our mission is to keep the vast majority of tennis courts in tact and at the same time, ensure that our club will be the leader of tennis in Utah for another century or more.
For over 44 years my clubs have grown the game of tennis and expanded the value proposition of membership, both for those who want to participate in health and wellness activities and for those whose only desire is to play tennis.
Construction Process and Spring Timeline
The management will make every effort to prepare and update our members on the various stages of construction and possible disruptions that may occur as we move forward on making our vision real! We will share weekly (or more often) notices on our new upgraded web site and post signs around the club to keep our members abreast of the construction progress.
Friday, May 6
Reception at 11:30 am and Ground Breaking Ceremony at 12 pm
Monday, May 9
Demolition and construction begins on courts #11 and #12